Thursday, August 21, 2014

Fast and Furious

(Originally written in 2011)

Some recent news is shaking up what were assumed scientific absolutes. See: Speed of Light BrokenBBC Article and Roll Over Einstein.  May I suggest that some of the comments in both articles are particularly interesting ... so peruse them too. Now this is pretty heavy stuff which is full of scientific land mines, so I have to watch my step here to keep from being a total doofus ... so please forgive any transgressions. I have written in the past about redefining the speed of light ... since somewhat recently scientists have been able to slow down light (see: Slowing Light) and even stop it entirely! (see: Stopping Light).  So Einstein's absolute notion about light had already been knocked into a cocked hat.  My previous thought on this matter were contained in Speed Limit, Neutrinos and Acceleration of Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment